Friday, December 2, 2011

Letter of Appeal to Immigration Department of Malaysia

Due to several requests I've received, here's a sample of Letter of Appeal (Surat Rayuan) for submission to the Malaysia Immigration Department if your maid enters Malaysia using a Social Visit Pass. Please double check with Immigration Department whether maids can still come in using social visit pass.
Hope this helps!

x

Date

Your name
Address

Ketua Pengarah
Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia
No. 15, Tingkat 2 (Podium)
Persiaran Perdana, Presint 2,
62550. Putrajaya.

Tuan,

PER: RAYUAN KELULUSAN (JP VISA) BAGI PEMBANTU RUMAH YANG TELAH BERADA DI MALAYSIA

Merujuk perkara di atas, saya merayu kepada pihak Tuan untuk mendapatkan kelulusan PRA yang telah berada di Malaysia. PRA yang dipohon bernama [name of maid] dengan passport Indonesia [passport no.] telah masuk dengan pas lawatan sosial pada [date of entry] melalui LCCT.

Saya amat memerlukan pembantu rumah untuk menjaga 2 orang anak saya yang masih kecil dan bersekolah kerana saya dan suami masing masing bekerja.

Bersama-sama ini saya kepilkan dokumen yang berkaitan. Saya memohon agar rayuan ini dapat dipertimbangkan dan mendapat kelulusan dari pihak Tuan. Kerjasama dari pihak Tuan saya dahului dengan ucapan ribuan terima kasih.

Sekian, terima kasih.

Yang benar,


NAME
I.C NO


7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!! I'm in the mist of processing my Vietnamese maid after CNY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where I can get Indonesian maid at country of origin. Any reliable agency in Indonesia? Please help me give some info about where to get them.
    Thank you.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. Your posts are really helpful as I have to get a maid with Visa Pelancong as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paul,

    To get maids directly from Indonesia, you need personal contacts, e.g. friends who are residing there. Your friends will have to source the maid for you through words of mouth. I personally do not have a trusted agency there.

    Moreover, most agencies in Indonesia have some kind of agreement with our agents in Malaysia. If you're an individual and would like to take just 1 maid from the agent in Indon, chances are... they will not entertain you. They (the Indon agents) prefer to 'export' the maids in bulk (at least 5 maids and above).

    Personally, I wouldn't recommend you going direct to the agents in Indonesia if you don't know them well enough. There're many cases where the agents took the deposits, promised to deliver the maids to Malaysia but disappeared in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    I am now facing a difficulty in getting a permit for my Indonesian maid who has already reached Malaysia via social pass.

    I went to Immigration Putra Jaya twice for enquiries in regards with my concerns. I was told twice that the MOU between 2 countries has been signed in Feb 2012 that direct hiring from an employer themselves is no longer permitted. However, this is not the case for VIP and certain goverment workers. I was advised to write in an appeal letter.

    Nevertheless, i have a gut feeling that it cannot be approved. Also, i checked with local agencies to getting a permit (without supplying maid) can already cost a skyhigh fees as RM5000.

    I am thinking, i already have a maid whom willingly to work for me and it is just a matter of gtting a permit. I do not need to pay the unnecessary RM5000, this is also what i have been lamenting to the immigration officers.

    Please give me your kind opinios.

    Thank you.


    xoxo,

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do I apply 5 maids for cleanings jobs?What's requirement are need?Izzit possible to get the maid ourself through their own country?Any suggestion?Thanks a lot.


    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was immensely helpful, thank you very much. I'm applying for Passport and need to write it in Bahasa but had no idea how to start. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete