Saturday, October 16, 2010

Two generations, two different minds

When you have someone with different age group as your husband, you risk being viewed as 'too young' to do anything. Most of Dear Hubby's friends are around his age, if not older. Being 12 years younger makes me a baby in his circle of friends.

Career wise, a late 30 or 40 something would have his career well established. Director, CEO, Vice President top the list. I'm just an unemployed 20 something who knows shit about CPO nor futures. Among the ladies, and mothers, their children would be at least 5 years old and above. Some even have children my age. One of them thought I'm 24 or 25 max and commented that I'm such a young mother. Thank you for the flattering comment but unfortunately I'm approaching 30. No, I'm not that young anymore, seriously.

I love Eminem, Michele Branch, Suede and Lady Gaga. They love I-don't-even-know-who-those-artists-are (wait, I'll ask my dad). I club; they go disco-ing. I shop at Dorothy Perkins, Forever 21 and Zara. Them, definitely not at the ones mentioned. I love an occasional Dunhill Menthol Lights. They view the green pack as a curse to the young generations like me and their children.

I wonder how baby will think about her mommy's generation when she grows up. Probably she'll write something like this in her blog next time, that if blogs still exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment