Friday, November 26, 2010

No room for carelessness when you're a mother

Ever since the birth of Meagan, I've been halving the time taken to do everything. I'll have my meal in 2 minutes, 5 minutes to complete my shower and to wash the feeding bottles in less than a minute. I have to rush everything because baby will cry if she doesn't see me next to her when she wakes up. After putting her to bed last night, I quietly walked out of the room to do my things. Little did I know she woke up but didn't cry out for me. I guess she started to roll herself and I, being a careless mother, did not put any pillows around her as a protective measure. And so, she fell off the bed. I got a shock of my life when I found her flat on the floor, crying. I know I'm not supposed to put her to sleep on a bed with no protective railing but she loves the soft mattress compared to her hard latex mattress in her crib. Lucky she's alright but I couldn't get the fact that I'm such a careless mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment