Monday, November 14, 2011

Hello. I'm a mother of two.

I am officially a proud mother of two! A daughter and a son before the age of 30. That was one of my goals in life since I was 10 perhaps? I still remember the essay I wrote in primary school and the big, huge zero I got for it because my ambition is... to be a housewife with 2 kids. 

To the beloved teacher who gave me the big, huge '0' in red,

1. Up till today, I still do not understand why a housewife can't be an ambition.

Ambition (definition by cambridge.org)
A strong wish to be successful, powerful, rich, etc.  

P.s. A housewife can be successful by managing a home well, powerful in her own ways (haven't you heard, behind every successful man is a wise woman?), and rich (why do you think Prada & Chanel are blooming like mushrooms? - thanks to the rich tai-tais. duh.)

2. If you think lowly of a housewife, think again. Do you think everyone has the privilege of being one?

3. Thank you for the time taken to mark my paper. But I wonder did you even read it before giving me a zero? You're supposed to assess a student's creativity, grammar and language proficiency in an essay, not some standard answers of 'I want to be a doctor when I grow up'. Do you know that suppressing a student's creativity is the root to his or her stupidity yet?

x

I'm turning 29 in three days time and I'm glad to have made it this far, in my own definition of success.
Next list: Goals to achieve before I reach 40.

1 comment: