Monday, January 24, 2011

Dummies guide in gift giving

Lesson #1: Choose a suitable gift for the person (It's not about the price, it's about the fit)

Meagan received a Christmas gift from someone in my lil' black book today. From my past encounters with her, I don't expect anything from her although Dear Hubby and I gave her three kids Christmas pressies right on the dot, that is, Christmas. But to give Meagan a pair of socks that's way too small for her feet? I don't know how much experiences she has with babies (considering she has 3 children), can't she differentiate a 0-3 months old socks from a 6-12 months old one? Meagan is almost 8 months now. Obviously, it would only be appropriate to get the bigger ones instead of the 0-3 months old size?

Lesson #2: Unless you live half a globe away, belated is unacceptable.

When it comes to Christmas, it's the spirit of Christmas that's more important. Pressies are a gesture to brighten up the whole occassion, am I not right? So, I don't quite get it when people give pressies almost a month after Christmas? Moreover, it's not like we did not go over to her place to pick up the daughter during that time and it's not like she lives half the globe away from us. And where's the Merry Christmas wish from her in the first place?

Lesson #3: Give from your heart, not for the sake of giving.

My translation: Stop helping in retailer's profit for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment