Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mum-ne-sia

I've been very, very forgetful lately. First, I misplaced my mobile phone. I had to use another phone to call my own mobile numbers to locate it. It was on my bed but I swear it wasn't there when I flipped through the pillows. Next, I couldn't remember one of my emails and twitter account passwords. Then I tried to log into photobucket but ended up staring blankly at the screen because I can't recall the username. Finally, I went to the atm machine today, slot in my bank card, select the preferred language and then I realised.... I don't remember my pin numbers!

Thinking that I might be suffering from early Alzheimer, I went online to search for clues when I came across an article in Telegraph U.K that says forgetfulness postpartum is quite common among new mothers. It's a way for the body to recover from childbirth pains and rigours; coupled with sleepless nights and the stress of taking care of newborn making forgetfulness inevitable. In fact, it's a new medical condition recognised by neuroscientists 2 years ago, called Mumnesia.