Thursday, July 8, 2010

My baby didn't come with an instruction manual

Meagan is 3 weeks and 3 days old today. After weeks of what it seems like crying and screaming without apparent rhyme or reason, I finally understood her 'language'.

Tricks used on babies don't work on her. She cries before she pees so we could immediately change her nappy. Also, time taken to change her soiled nappy should not be more than 3 minutes. She screams (not cries) when she wants her milk and she wants it fast. She loves bathing but dislikes people cleaning her cute lil' body with wet towel. She hates people touching her head and she wants to people to talk to her while feeding.

Worst of all, she loathes my bedroom. She would keep on crying until she is brought out of my bedroom. No, I'm not imagining all these in a barely one month old baby. I have tried bringing her to sleep in my bedroom countless times but she would keep on crying until I bring her out again.... and then the crying stops. I tried adjusting the air-cond temperature, the lightings, play some soothing music, putting on her blanket and removing it but to no avail. She just hates my bedroom. Full stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment