Monday, April 5, 2010

Now THAT'S complicated

I can feel my head burning while I'm typing this.

A simple question: Does an ex-wife encourages her ex-husband to keep secret from his current wife when they claimed they're just good friends after the divorce?
My opinion: If their consciences are as clear as the blue sky on a sunny day, why keep secrets?

I understand that they have a daughter together and it's inevitable not to talk to each other. But just the other day, I found out that they have been chatting with each other on the phone almost every day for as long as half an hour at each session. Dear Hubby did some explanation.... blah blah blah, which seem quite logical. After that their chatting session stopped. Or at least I thought so.

Today, I got hold of her email (never mind how) to Dear Hubby, suggesting him to watch a movie entitled 'It's complicated' with the tagline 'Divorced ... with benefits'. And also to watch it without me!

Curious, I went online to search for the movie plot synopsis and here's what I found:

Jake (Alec Baldwin), a divorced lawyer, married to a younger wife (Lake Bell), has a son, Pedro (Emjay Anthony) still feels affectionate to ex-wife, Jane (Meryl Streep), who is owner of a bakery shop. Now, a decade after their divorce, an innocent dinner between Jane and Jake turns into the unimaginable – an affair. Caught in the middle of their rekindled romance are Jake’s young wife and Adam (Martin), a recently divorced architect who starts to fall for Jane. Could love be sweeter the second time around? It's... complicated!

Coincidentally, Dear Hubby is a lawyer by profession and he's also married to a younger wife: me! So, what is she trying to get at? Am I not supposed to be mad?

No comments:

Post a Comment