What do you do when life gets mundane and you feel like an idiot sitting at home? You can either go out shopping (...again!) or you can create a dish with whatever leftovers of raw food in your freezer and then blog it down. So here's my new creation.:
Ingredients (for stir-fry):
- Shelled prawns
- 1/2 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon of coarsely chopped onions
- Spring onions leaves
- White pepper
- Peanuts (Lightly fried with some oil beforehand) - optional
Ingredients (to marinate the prawns / fish):
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/s teaspoon of salt
- A dash of white pepper
- 2 tablespoons of corn flour
- Mix marinate ingredients together in a bowl, marinate the shelled prawns one by one and set aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lightly grease the pan with some cooking oil and heat it up for 1 minute on medium heat before frying the marinated prawn.
- Remove the prawns and drain on paper towels.
- Use the remaining oil in the pan to lightly saute the chopped garlic, ginger, onions and carrots. Add in salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Turn down the heat and add in the prawns, spring onion leaves and peanuts. Lighly toss them for 1 minute. Remove and serve warm with rice.
Note: You may replace the prawns with fish fillets (preferable white fish). Repeat step 1 to 5 but do not overcook the fish fillets.
Caution: Eat at your own risk.