What do you do when you are 7 months pregnant and feeling extremely irritated and pissed at someone?
a) Go for a calming prenatal massage
b) Take a warm, soothing bath
c) Scream at your husband
d) All of the above
My answer was (d) but they don't seem to be working. Therefore, I resorted to..... cooking! Here's an easy recipe to get rid of the rage.
- 1 can of plain tuna chunks in water
- 1 medium sized potato - boiled & mashed
- Some carrots - boiled & mashed
- Some spring onions, diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced or pre-blended into paste
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of mustard (optional)
- 1 tsp of corn flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Peel the potato, cut it into pieces and boil it until soft. Same goes for the carrots.
- Place the tuna chunks in a sieve to drain the water.
- Mash the potato, carrots and tuna in a large bowl. Add in all other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat up the pan with some cooking oil (I use olive oil) for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Use your palm to shape and firmly compress the mixture into patties. Fry them until golden brown.
- Serve warm with some salad and mayonnaise dip.
PS: To get rid of the rage, I imagined the potato was that someone before I boiled it and mashed it up. The best thing was... Dear Hubby happily finished them up.
Who says cooking has to be all about love?